Additional Fees

2014 was a horrible year in our family.My husbands kidneys stopped working within 48 hours of getting a flu.

After several months in and out of hospitals, he was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease end stage. Dialysis started and he did everything he was told to stay on top of his numbers. He did well on dialysis until we moved because we could no longer afford our home. He was transferred to a clinic in Ventura county and has since had numerous occasions where untrained technicians had carelessly caused him to have to register complaints.

One example was a technician who forgot to put a cap back on to the port where you can administer medicine. He had napped and woke up to his blood all over the floor, it was pumping from the machine and no one noticed. Alarm bells had been going off for at least five minutes, he man in the chair next to him said. That is unforgivable, these patients are our family.

Another instance happened when a new technician wound up not correctly inputting the tubes into his body and he wanted to turn off and override the alarms so he could continue. These clinics have little courseware training. They call it "hands on". But hands on training can be faulty if the other techs are not properly trained.

I don't want to lose my spouse and sue a company that is so large it considers "deaths" a number that is calculated as a part of the healthcare industry - a part of doing business. I'm ashamed of Davita and thank goodness the DOJ is taken notice of the problems.

I do a fair bit of work in funding.When the DOJ comes in, it's time to change the way you do business Kent Thiry.

Review about: Davita Medical Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Davita?

Comments