I posted a complaint about Davita cottonwood a few weeks ago. At that time the complaint was about, the rough handling of my grandmother during one of her dialysis treatments. That incident did not escalate and for that we are thankful (but not forgetful). However the handling of the situation was also disappointing. The manager mentioned in the previous complaint was not present enough at this office to even know what's going on there.

When the time came to address the issue with my grandmother she spoke with her and convinced her that she did not have her faculties in order. Then she made her feel that she was becoming senile. This is not true. She spoke of this incident with impunity and spoke the person's name two or three times (to me alone). She knew she was at the cottonwood clinic and not the nursing home when this incident occurred.

It is unfair to speak to someone in this way and to bully into thinking that nothing happened. This is a very disheartening and we are concerned for all patients there. Not because of the nurses or the staff. I wonder if all clinics are of this chaotic and all nurses/techs worked until it's hard for them to even stand up to let alone; concentrate on only to have no support. It seems that they are not supported from this female manager. They were supposed to have managers, coordinators and plenty of support for my grandmother. Thank you to those who have used care when treating to my grandmother.

She is a good Woman.

But the sad fact is the management also helps to make a clinic a place that families can trust to care for our people. We stand together in this and do not appreciate the bullying and oppressive tactics used on people that are seen to be below (for whatever reason).

Review about: Davita Manager.

Had an Experience with Davita?

Comments

I really feel for you, Southwesterner.It is quite apparent you care a good deal for your Grandmother.

My mother is going through dialysis now--has been for almost 5 years. However, she has dementia, so we can't even be told by her when there is a problem--like being stuck too many times, blood pressure dropping too fast, and so on. I have to rely on what I see and hear from the techs. Her fistula recently went dead and a port was put in her chest for dialysis.

She is 81 and has grown so weak and almost lifeless. Yesterday, after two sessions of using the new port, I stopped in to see her and found that the needles were stuck in her arm again. Apparently, someone didn't know that they can no longer use the arm and have to use the new port. How can this happen????

She cannot speak for herself, and after being given a run-around of a story as to why this happened, I just left in a rage. Your grandmother is so very lucky to have someone like you care so deeply.

We have to step in for the weak and elderly who can't do anything themselves.Keep up the good work, and really stay on top of things----I do!

Forgot to add....in fact, if you see the manager all the time out in the clinic working, you should be concerned because that means something is not going right- either short-staffed or a staff member needs oversight or the staff can't be trusted to carry out their responsibilities without the manager there micromanaging them!

Please educate yourself before opening your mouth to complain...not doing so makes you look dumb and wastes everyone's time...time that could be spent working on things that are real problems or that need improvement.

to Nola #622840

It is normal for managers to micromanage even if they have good staff.To this day we have patients that have been there for almost a year and have no clue who the administrator is.

Rediculous. We had a very good team, but there is a lot of nepatism that goes on with some managers. Now I am in a facility even the ROD will come on the floor, talk to the patients, the staff.

A very pro patient, pro employee environment.They are snatching the best of the best from Davita.

WHATtHECK4
to Nola #664283

Hello miss or Mr. I am glad that you ‘happen’ to join in the conversation. In fact it seems that you have is some insight interest in this otherwise why would you take the time to defend managers in general.

You say just what do people think managers are supposed to do; managers have two main goals.

The first of which is to maintain an organized work environment for employees. This means managing schedules in such a way that the employees are not burnt out, singled out, or cut short on their available hours.

The next and main goal is to manage your output. This means providing a quality output for the consumer; no matter what product you are producing.

In the case of healthcare the consumer is the patients and the output is a health.improvement.

In most Arizona and American dialysis clinics this seems to be their goals as well and the patient’s often the most part getting the care they need and able to spend time communicating with healthcare professionals that will help them reach their goals.

These are things I know much about because I’ve done this type of managing more than 20 years. Now I am not perfect but learned from my mistakes.

DAVITA dialysis in Cottonwood doesn’t seem to have the same continuity and flow as the other Arizona clinics I have visited many friends in a few clinics from Phoenix to Flagstaff and know they have an opportunity before and after their treatments to talk about concerns about their...

In Cottonwood at this Davita clinic there is only 15 minutes of actual time to speak to a nurse, was never enough time for Real attention or get other important parts of their treatment >> and still their major disappointment. The scheduling ‘reads as’ 30 mintes but ‘putting on’ and ‘taking off’ is not included and only 15 minutes remains. Not enough time to talk about concerns about their health.

My friends have told me this So sweet and honest people that do not want to get the nice nurses in trouble so wont say nothing. However the Nurses seem to KILL themselves to help the patient and pressured as much as techs (maybe more)… Thank GOD for you …. Nures!!!!

This is a sad fact that people in rural areas should be treated differently. Why is this is because you think they have no choice or that they don’t know better. Just so you know most people in Cottonwood have money but chose to live away from the busy city. So they should now be pushed around by a manager and a corporation like Davita.

Davita is a company that goes on and on about how great their care is that will allow this to happen in a place they think is out of view of the public so they will allow their manager to schedule this way for the sake of the dollar. This is scheduled this way to cram in more patients with less staff… Very obvious.

So this manager fails; {even compared to her own company’s other clinics).Because the employees are under tremendous pressure and to come and go often it seems as far as having a not and unable to deal with disorganization that is always blamed on someone other than the manager. And yes I have witnessed this on one of my visits in which all she did was yell at some of the best workers there and blame them for things that she clearly mismanaged. Brought a tear to my eye.

I have worked in these situations before and know how much it hurts to care for people only to be yelled at by someone who has no idea what you’re doing and blames everyone else for her mismanagement by being unprofessional .

Furthermore I have seen what my family members and friends have gone through at dialysis clinics so I know how hard it is to know you now have to have dialysis to stay alive. So having good employees that are good to the patient’s and follow procedures so that they stay alive and thrive…….. Is critical.

So this manager fails on the output from the clinic as well. This is not the best care that these patients can get.

Nor is it the best care that these patients deserve.

I pray to God DAV IT A steps in to do something to help these people. Especially if I ever get diagnosed myself.

Exactly what do you think a manager's responsibilities are?Who do you think runs the operations behind the scenes?

Also, who do you think hires and manages the staff you speak of.If a manager is really doing his/her job you will not see them often, because they are busy behind the scenes making sure the clinic runs as it should!

to Nola #622836

This is not true.I worked for Davita 4 years, there was no support for staff.

The managers have enough time to complain about their staff, but not help. I was being physically abused by an elderly patient. I was frustrated not so much at the patient as I was at the lack of staff support, my other patients were suffering as the focus was on this patient and I could not leave her to take care of them. My manager watched this confused patient continually pinch and slap me while I was trying to return her, the manager just laughed and asked what I did to her.

The managers promote and reward stupidity while they harass the staff that truly cares about their patients. The good staff try and stay as long as they can for the patients despite the crappy managment. If the staff looks frazzled, they most likely are. The managment contributes greatly to the clinic environment and lack of employee moral.

The clinic ran smoother when she was not even in the building.Life is so much better breaking ties with Davita.

WHATtHECK4
to Nola #664287

Nor is it the best care that these patients deserve.