9110 Jones Rd #110, Houston, TX 77065, USA
1.3
Additional Fees

I have tried everything. I was first forced out of training way too early even my preceptor was outraged at how fast and pushy my manager was to put me on the floor without any supervision.

As a result of my improper training , I was then injured. I had a needle stick injury. With the needle injury again I followed DAVITAs protocol to see a doctor who prescribed me a prevention medication until the patient was tested for HIV. The patient was the not tested until the next week and not immediately as policy states.

The results of the patient also took another week (a week and a half after the initial stixk) to be given to me. However during this time my body had severe reactions to the medication causing a permanent diagnosis and illness for me. I am currently on short term disability in physical and occupational therapy. Where I basically have to learn basic life functions all over again.

I was recently notified by DaVita that I would have to pay almost 600 dollars a month to keep my health insurance with them through cobra which they have been so quick to say is policy however no other policies were followed to prevent this situation from the beginning. However , no without the proper coverage I will not be able to go to the doctor and receive the medication , I need to prevent this from starting all over again. And without physical therapy the strength in my leg will not return only go backwards, as told by my doctor and the physical therapist. Who have urged that I horribly need the therapy.

Also occupational to help me be able to sit in a bath tub again, button my clothes again, and tie my shoes again.

The only way that I will be able to continue these things is if I am given an extension of coverage which I recently was told I was denied for. This is a tragic situation and quite horrible for anyone to go through let along someone to go through who had zero medical problems before.

Comments