map-marker Irving, Texas

Poor staffing,

While being put on dialysis they placed me at Davita in Odessa. Some of the staff are wonderful while others dont need to be there. The first month I was there I had a tech cut my time without my consent and I caught them and filled a complaint. Then I moved time frames and they are now short handed and want to cancel peoples times or move them to another day. Reason they can keep staff from what Im hearing is employees dont get paid overtime. Facepalm

User's recommendation: Do your research

map-marker Virginia Beach, Virginia

Complaint against my facility team leader Liz.

Poor management pretty much sums it up! I cannot get no more detailed than that.

The young lady Liz, that was hired to run the facility, does not run the facility the way it supposes to be run. They barely have any workers, always short-staffed, & on top of that when they are short-staffed, & if a nurse happens to get sick, they have to place all the Devita patients at another facility which is a total inconvenience to the patients. Especially the elderly patients. What Davila needs to do is put someone at that location, that can be a team leader & actually knows how to run the facility & be a team player as well.

I do not get Dialyzed for free. With that being said, every time I hit that machine Davit is getting paid. So I expect some type of order in a facility that is there to Supposedly help us. Not put more stress on the patients, or, the worker's for that matter.

Because guess what, if the workers are at a facility stressed out because of poor management, how do you expect them to give us full care? Someone needs to go & investigate this clinic & sit all your workers down one by one & speak to them mainly about their boss, Liz! Your facility isnt the only facility that offers these service. I say that to say what?

I do not have to take this type of treatment when I can take me & my insurance to other facilities that can offer better service. & actually treat me like I matter.

Thank you for your time. I pray you all have a wonderful New Year.

User's recommendation: By placing a team leader that knows how to get along with her team. & not power trip. And place someone that actually knows how to run a facility with people that have special needs.

ADavis Mzx

Dissatisfied patient

Been on dialysis for 10 years,been at my present center for 8. Only there because of the convenience of location.

It's one of the most unprofessional centers for dialysis in Miami. Some of the staff are good and have compassion and concern for the patients ,but others are not and seem unskilled. In one way it's with the needles. Some are very bad with sticking you causing a lot of pain.

When you tell them they're passive aggressive. The center is loud and have a lot of drama like high school.

It's uncomfortable and unsettling. Some serious improvising really need to be done about some of these Davita centers because they're making a lot of money off of our illness and we deserve quality care

Preferred solution: Quality care

Jacinda P Mkj
map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Poor customer, service, and care

Original review Oct 12, 2023

This is a horrible location. My father was receiving dialysis at this location after he start going there in the mornings he became very sick to where he went to the hospital and was admitted twice.

The first time was for two weeks. The second time was A week and a half Try talking to employees until I get to a manager management was rude name Nicole to find out that they were not doing his dialysis properly then was informed by a different associate that five other families are experiencing the same location from this location. My father is still ill behind the situation, I do not recommend anyone using this location at all, I kept calling to complain me and another family member to get no response for three weeks when I talk to Miss Nicole she said OK so what do you want me to do about it? It said that I personally had to do the research in regards of what was going on the reason why he still had fluid built-up they were not taking enough off and she came up with every excuse possible then after she looked it up in a computer, she said OK I see when he was going to us in the afternoon versus in the morning there is a significant change in how much fluid was being taken off but still, no one acknowledge the error and he was study getting sick I kept telling her please check the hospital inform me when we brought him in that they took off 3 L of fluid when I spoke to Swop Park health they only took off 1.8 and she said oh, its just a error but its a costly error because now my father is really sick.

not only did they not dialysis him enough the first time he left his port was showing through and they put a Band-Aid over it and did not say anything the second time it happened again after taking my dad to the hospital the first time they sent him out the door with nothing over it it was just open, and they said nothing again it could have got infected. Had we not noticed it when he came out but we still had to take him to the hospital the very next day after receiving dialysis at this 4407 E.

50th Kansas City, Missouri location, Swop Park health Please do not take your loved ones to DaVita. I can only imagine the ones that don't have family to call about a complaint so Im going to post this on every social media website to let people know about this company not caring about the people just about how much they are making on dialysis

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE SWOPE LOCATIONS POOR SERVICE RUDE DONT CARE ABOUT THE INDIVIDUAL HEALTH PLEASE YOU WILL BE MORE SICK THAN YOU ARE

Aliayah Bza

Inappropriate behavior by nurse

My husband is a patient and he and is care nurse were sending inappropriate text messages to each other.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: If you can help it don’t use Devita

Shirley S Isj

| map-marker Arlington Heights, Illinois

I will file complaint against technician, Lily

One of the tech, her name is, Lily, from DaVita, Arlington Hts. tried to forcefully ask Shirley to *** with one of the patients (some guy, name Jose).

Shirley said what are you asking? Shirley refused, and said this is a treatment center, and that is inappropriate behavior and ignorant thing to ask. Is there something wrong mentally with Lily? to ask such a question?

I was tempted to talk to the administrator to get Lily fired, but didnt, l should have the administrator in this facility was questionable. (I think her name is Josephine, l find her ignorant)

Monday, l called the nurse(Annie)to ask if l can come in early 8:00 am and she said yes. So l came in early and Lily was the technician, she was treating me but started screaming at me, and said l hate you over and over again, for no reason this is suppose to be a treatment center why are there unstable people like Lily attending to me. And with crazy inappropriate administrator in that facility?

What is wrong with DaVita? What is wrong with their techs, like Lily? Why are they hiring people like these?

This is very Poor customer service for both administrator of facility and Lily the technician.

I filed a complaint with my Dialysis doctor. Can you imagine, l have to go into this treatment facility?

Pros:
  • Close by
Cons:
  • Bad administrator and some bad techs
  • L have to put up with

Preferred solution: Terminate the bad technician, Lily, should not be working there. And change the medical administrator …

User's recommendation: Try another facility

Kresta Qzu

Disorganized

The nurse text information about appointments and blood work at the last moment. I think she forgets and suddenly remembers.

It takes days to get a med refilled. I've completely ran out on two medications on two different occasions despite the pharmacy and me contacting them over a week ahead of time. I think patients are pissed off they have to be there in the first place and then these things make it worse. The office on IH 35 is old and uninviting.

So depressing there. You have to ring the door bell to be let in and the nurses are certainly in no hurry to let you in. The alarm goes off when treatment is done and the nurse has no urgency of getting you out of there.

I've had to wait over fifteen minutes a couple of times. You can physically see they are not with a patient at the time too.

Pros:
  • Are keeping you a live
Cons:
  • Disorganized no respect for the patients time

User's recommendation: there are other dialysis places, check them out too

Lynann Mlw

Mail.

Keep receiving former partners mail. 6 months after he's moved to Alabama. From Gladwin, Michigan. I'm trying to move on. An DaVita hasn't with a change of address. I'm not responsible for him or his bill.
Pros:
  • Location
Cons:
  • Professionalism

Preferred solution: Leave me out of my partners issues with his bill.

User's recommendation: Stay away! Run......

Maureen Y Tpn

Since coming to DaVita I've experienced havoc

PD nurse I was assigned to is pushy. Has a persona of wanting to yell or raise their voice to get their point across - which is unnecessary (I'm an adult not a child). I'm a professional not some low wage person without a HS diploma.

Issues with shipments. I've given and written my new address that I've been living at for 9 months. But when the PD nurse jumped the gun and placed the order my first week of training, she did not verify my current address or to even bother looking at my file (paperwork that I've filled out on my first day there). The shipment the nurse placed, the items went to my old address. (I'm not sure where or how that could've happened unless the system was not updated the moment they were given my new address (Nephrologist office)).

Now that I'm doing dialysis at home, I'm still waiting on the cassettes and since it's a holiday weekend, I won't be able to get in touch with Baxter until Tuesday. The PD nurse who made the mistake of ordering items and approving the shipping address did not take accountability. She acted like it was no big deal. It is a big deal when I can't do my dialysis session on schedule.

PD nurses act real *** like they know their stuff but act a fool and nonchalant when they make mistakes that patients have to deal with. I'm going days without cassettes/dialysis.

This is unacceptable. My insurance will not allow this to happen under their watch.

Cons:
  • Training is very rocky when your pd nurse yells constantly

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Nope

Liars

My former partner does not live here anymore. Just showed up because who ever at davita here in Gladwin told him to come get his things because I was putting to the cross. The truth... removed my self and my mother from his emergency contact list. Shame on you davita! And the staff has labeled me rude and difficult because I won't be disrespected in my home. By then. Shame on you!!!

User's recommendation: Stay away

Guest

I don’t know about where you live, but Davita dialysis in the state of Missouri is amongst the worst. The female techs are horrible and abusive toward the clients and get away with it. @&”

map-marker Mount Olive, Alabama

Davita has poorly trained employees

My wife has been going to Davita for 2 years and has been traumatized several times by employees that are not properly trained. I am trying to have her transferred to Fresenius Health since they have treated her before with well trained nurses and technicians. STAY AWAY FROM DAVITA!

User's recommendation: Stay away from Davita

Guest

In my opinion Fresenius & Davita are equally horrible and abusive toward their patients. A sad time to be on dialysis!

| map-marker Gladwin, Michigan

Total lack of respect for patients

No respect for patients, family, and care givers in the home. Change schedule, with considering the patient and any issues. Last minute call to come in early. Just to fill a chair. On and on... staffing issues need help. And building maintenance, including water system. When you won't tolerate any disrespect, you're labeled as rude and difficult. Really?! Grow up! If you need a vacation, by all means, take one!
Pros:
  • Location of gladwin
  • Michigan
Cons:
  • Staff

Preferred solution: Vet all employees before they start. Any problems?! Fix it! 3 strikes you're out policy?! My help, too.

Guest

There are far too many people on dialysis these days. Many of these probably could have had better doctor care rather than such a drastic form of treatment that will eventually kill them! God help the society in which we live that allows money before people!

Lies from Gladwin Michigan location

Updated by user Feb 02, 2023

No real resolution. Except wanting a meeting at the Gladwin location with me.

No guarantees any thing will change.

Really?! Why bothe

Original review Jan 03, 2023
Well... Spoke with some one from corporate who is in the Detroit area. To lie about your patient to their significant other after you call them the patient's friend. Oh... you're the hair dresser! On and on about fatigue and short staffed. Keep preaching to the choir. They aren't the only ones.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Location
Cons:
  • Staff

Preferred solution: Some respect and staff communication? Add some traveling nurses? How about some compassion?

User's recommendation: Only location? Going in eyes wide open

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

Who may need the 4th vaccine? Is monkeypox dangerous? Prof. Karen Jubanyik comments on the mask-optional policy, COVID booster shot, and the monkeypox.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Rodolfo H Xyn

Verified Reviewer

Complaint shortened treatment due to patient over load and short staff

My husband goes to Davita in Thorndale Pa. Monday his treatment was cut short an hour.

Called to ask why, they said they had to fit in as many patients as they could, and they were understaffed. I said so because you's took in to many patients and are understaffed, my husband has to risk his health. She said well that's the way it is, he is lucky we had to cancel a few others. How fair is this, people have to sacrifice their health, so they can fit more patients in.

They charge for a full session yet cut ya short. I am reporting them to medicare. Also asked about transferring to another clinic, and she said well it's happening in all the clinics. We are going to start home dialysis, at least he will get the treatments he needs and not be cut short.

This is corporate greed at its best, people's health is not important to them. The only thing they care about is the bottom dollar.

Cons:
  • Poor care

Preferred solution: better treatment full sessions with out being cut short. More communication between doctors and patients interpreters for non English speaking patients.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Davita your health is not important to them. The only thing that matters is the bottom dollar.

Absolutely disgusting

Absolutely disgusting how they operate. Treatment of patients, family and care givers. The disrespect is absolutely disgusting. Twisting around and blaming everyone but themselves. Short staffed and long hours? I've done it. Tired, too?! Yup. Me, too. Welcome to the real world. Especially right now. Hope no one treats your family this way. And no one listens to you!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Location
Cons:
  • Staff

Preferred solution: A new respectful, caring staff at the Gladwin, Michigan.

User's recommendation: Stand up for your self. Be your own best advocate!

Alex Mjj
map-marker Cohasset, Minnesota

Admissions most unhelpful and uneducated on their own area of expertise

Tried to set up travel arrangements for my patients. Besides sending all the information through the portal, had to call each clinic myself to find out if they were accepted.

4 times they were unable to accommodate. The admission person was a week behind notifying me. Each time they didn't know which clinic they were calling to tell me could not accept. Did not offer any kind of help with finding an alternate clinic anywhere in the area.

Even argued with me about a clinic that was a block away. At one point, I asked how a request could be escalated or why my patient couldn't treat there as the clinic itself said they could accept.

She told me that she had tried to place someone there the week prior and they couldn't accept so she wasn't going to try. In another instance, the person did not even know what other clinics were in the area.

Brands Related to Davita

Lifeline Vascular Care reviews and complaints

Lifeline Vascular Care

0 Reviews
VillageHealth reviews and complaints

VillageHealth

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article